Shear Forces and Bending Moments: Analysis Bootcamp
Sharpen your structural analysis skills with challenge questions designed to test your understanding
What you'll learn
After completing the parent course, Mastering Shear Force & Bending Moment Diagrams, what better way to confirm you truly have mastered the techniques, than testing yourself against 10 fresh challenge questions?
Honing your structural analysis skills requires practice. There is no shortcut for sitting down and implementing your solution strategies on unfamiliar questions. Finding challenging questions complete with detailed solutions can be difficult. In fact, one of the most frequent requests I receive from my civil engineering students is for more worked examples.
In this course, I have developed 10 questions with detailed solutions explaining the thought process and logic behind their solution. In each solution video I explain in detail how I’ve used the techniques you’ve been taught previously to construct the shear force and bending moment diagrams. I have developed this question set to cover all of the common and not so common statically determinate structure types. We will address, beams, frames, structures with internal pin-joints and inclines members, all things you’re likely to come across as a civil or structural engineer.
The course is developed around the concept of problem based learning. To get the most out of the course you should attempt a question and iterate on your solution until you converge on the correct one. This way you learn by working your way through each problem – hence the name problem based learning! Only at the end should you watch the accompanying video to check the reasoning behind your solution.
Completing this Shear Forces and Bending Moments Analysis Bootcamp is a great way to wrap up your study of shear forces and bending moments, leaving you well placed to move on and tackle more advanced analysis techniques.
Who this course is for
- Ideally you should have completed my ‘Mastering Shear Force and Bending Moment Diagrams’ course before taking this course
- To get the most from this course, you should have an understanding of what shear force and bending moment diagrams are. In this course we’ll be focusing on getting the reps in and implementing a solution strategy.
Course Completion Certificate
- Download your personalised Certificate of Completion once you’ve finished all course lectures.
- Applying for jobs? Use your Certificate of Completion to show prospective employers what you’ve been doing to improve your capabilities.
- Independently completing an online course is an achievement. Let people know about it by posting your Certificate of Completion on your Linkedin profile or workplace CPD portfolio.
Lecture 1: A quick word before we get started
Lecture 2: Challenge Question #1
Course wrap up
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely. Even if you watched the full course, if you’re not satisfied, contact me in the first 30 days and I will give you a full refund, no questions asked. It would be helpful if you could tell me how I can improve the course for other students.